Next time you’re at the beach, dip your toes in the ocean and connect with nature. The ocean is so much more than what we can see from our sun loungers. Think about the air we breathe; the ocean produces over half of the world's oxygen and absorbs 50 times more carbon dioxide than our atmosphere. Without getting too science-y, it keeps the planet spinning.
As a brand, our ethos is grounded in being earth-friendly in what we do. We use biodegradable packaging for our products instead, and choose polybags made from recycled water bottles. To us, it’s a no-brainer, and in a way, it’s kinda the bare minimum. We depend on our ocean for the future of life on earth, and our ocean depends on us to heal the harm we have inflicted on Mother Earth. Check out our top 5 simple swaps you may not have heard yet:
- Go plastic-free. We know what you’re thinking, and we know you’ve already invested in the grocery bag and the water bottle. Did you ever think of swapping lighters for matches? Or trying shampoo bars opposed to plastic-bottled?
- Try something new for lunch, and leave out the seafood. Have some fun with your diet – did you know you can make a great tuna mayo replacement with chickpeas? And that watermelon can become salmon with the help of some clever marinating?! We love a quick scroll through the food accounts on TikTok for creative and fun inspo.
- Leave nothing behind. As winter approaches in the UAE, the crowds at beaches will increase, and so does the amount of trash left behind or blown away. Don’t let your day outside contribute to the destruction of our oceans
- Use your voice. Even if it’s as simple as an Instagram story, there’s a goldmine of information out there online, and the more people talk about it, the more sustainable choices are made by those around us.
- Get outside and explore the oceans around you! It’s true what they say; people protect what they love. The perfect way to harness the power of love for our planet is to simply enjoy what our oceans have to offer. After reading this, we’re sure you’ll feel that love the next time you walk barefoot in the waves.
You don’t have to be a scientist or expert to gain something positive from nature. If you want to see more eco-conscious content, be sure to keep an eye on the blog. Don’t forget to follow over on Instagram to see more.